Thursday, November 4, 2010

pumpkin muffins

hooray for november!  justin and i were just discussing how much i love this time of year for all of the delicious seasonal foods.  cranberry sauce, eggnog, gingerbread, pumpkin... although some of these are available year-round, it's the combination of them all that makes it extra special.  one of my favorite quick and easy holiday recipes is for pumpkin muffins.  seriously, it doesn't get any easier than this...

1 box yellow cake mix
1 (15oz) can pumpkin puree
pumpkin pie spice and nutmeg

combine the cake mix and pumpkin until well blended.  that's right, NO oil, NO water, NO egg -- nothing.  just the cake mix and pumpkin.  add a little spice.  bake.  i usually use the mini muffin pan at 350 for about 15 minutes.

sometimes i like to add cream cheese frosting but they are really tasty and moist all by themselves.  i know some people that like to use spice cake mix instead of the yellow and then they don't have to add the spices themselves.  enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Yum yum!!! I can't wait to try this recipe. It takes so long to make pumpkin bread from scratch, and I don't have a KitchenAid mixer so mixing gets tricky. Thanks for posting, luv! Happy November/Fall Season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this last year when you told me about it and they were so good! Once I bake up our gigantic pumpkin and puree it, I'm going to be whipping up some batches of these. I definitely will have to try them with cream cheese frosting, too! Yum!

    ReplyDelete