Thursday, February 17, 2011

balance

i've found myself on more than one occasion lamenting on the amount of hours in the day (or lack of) and how i can't seem to fit everything in.  after giving it a lot of thought, i've determined that i just need to remember to breathe, prioritize, and take care of myself so that i'm able to take care of the people and things i'm responsible to and for.  it's all about balance.  if i don't eat well or get enough exercise, i physically feel bad and that starts to affect my mental and emotional well-being.  if i work too hard and don't get enough relaxation or pleasure in, i'm stressed and unpleasant.  i guess it works the other way around too.  if i play too much and don't work hard enough, i get bored and feel unproductive (which also stresses me out).  so how do i stay balanced?

it's a daily practice.  some days i'm better at it than others.  on the best days i can get laundry and dishes done, finish a project at work, do a little crafting or blogging and get in an hour of pilates before making a gourmet meal for the family and dinner guests.  other days, it's a struggle to get out of my pajamas and go through the mail.  but i guess it takes lows to know what highs are.  counting my blessings...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, my sweet daughter-in-law. You continue to inspire, encourage, and remind me of the things that are important, pleasant, and delightful in life. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete