Sunday, April 25, 2010

citrus cravings

in my first trimester i had daily cravings for citrus. it was a part of my morning ritual to include a delicious serving of ruby red grapefruit with breakfast and every afternoon i'd devour a couple of mandarin oranges as a snack. as i enter my final month of pregnancy, i no longer have uncontrollable urges to consume citrus like it's going out of style but i definitely still appreciate it, especially in a good recipe!

as a part of my promise to try to know where my food comes from, i decided to take these delicious lemons from my friend Denise's awesome tree...



and attempt to make this mouth-watering dish from Pioneer Woman's archives
i love the way she breaks recipes down both in her description and pictures. you can try this baked lemon pasta too or type lemon into my foodgawker link to get all kinds of fun and interesting recipes.

justin and i like a little more substance though so i tweaked the recipe to include shrimp and mushrooms, halved the sour cream, and added some different spices and herbs.


next time, a dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment