Friday, April 9, 2010

it's a hate/love thing

here are 10 things i hate and love about pregnancy:



10. i hate learning my limitations - it's humbling needing help doing simple things but i love being waited on hand and foot by my loving husband :)



9. i hate fatigue - i'm a nap person but really?! however, i do love that it's teaching me to slow down and appreciate that i can take naps



8. i HATE heartburn - it doesn't matter what type of food it is; i love the idea that it means she'll have a full head of hair (what?! can't some old wives' tales be true?)



7. itchy belly sucks! but getting a nightly tummy rubdown with body butter is pretty awesome!



6. i hate when strangers want to ask when you're due but are afraid to assume you're not just fat and i love that kids just come right out ask if you're pregnant.



5. it really irks me when people feel the need to tell you you're crazy for your birth plans and choices - unsolicited advice is ok but making me feel awkward for my thoughts and feelings is not! on the other hand, it can be a real comfort to hear some been there, done that stories.



4. i really do not enjoy being unable to sleep on my stomach and having to stick a pillow between my legs to relieve my hip pain. i do love my snoogle.



3. i hate hormones - i mean there are some moments i feel RIDICULOUSLY emotional and i haven't broken out with acne like this since high school... but i love it when people tell me i'm glowing and look so happy - because i am!



2. information overload! sometimes the amount of information about pregnancy, labor etc can be completely overwhelming but if none of it were available i'd be just as stressed out in the other direction so i guess overall i'm loving the ease with which i can access info about all that stuff.



1. being far away from our families can be pretty inconvenient but since we love to travel it works out that we'll be visiting them all soon!

2 comments:

  1. I hate the idea of getting pregnant...but I love that most of my friends are so I can look forward to playing with their babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! The Pros & Cons! But by far the PRO's to your pregnancy has yet be seen, yet her presence is felt!

    ReplyDelete